Looking ahead to 2010: The rotation …
I’ve done this a little bit on my Twitter page but let’s give it a whirl again here on the blog. Please feel free to leave a comment (easy registration) and let me know what you think the rotation will look like on Opening Day of 2010.
As always, I’ll take the plunge first. Before doing so, let me say this: Despite the number of arms the team has added this summer — seven alone in the two deals for Scott Hairston and Jake Peavy — I think general manager Kevin Towers might add another arm this winter.
But for now, we’ll work with the guys on the current 40-man roster. Anyway, we’ll work on the rest of the team in the coming days. But lets hear what you have to think about the rotation.
1. Chris Young, minor shoulder surgery will be fine for Spring Training.
2. Mat Latos, fine rookie showing, fearless (unlike other young pitchers), should get better.
3. Clayton Richard, like Latos, should only get better, sinkerball could play well in 2010.
4. Kevin Correia, under club control for ’10. Innings-eater and one of baseball’s best bargains.
5. Aaron Poreda, splitting up lefties. Could go Gallagher here, but Poreda has nice, raw stuff.
Anyway, now it’s your turn.