The car is packed …
Big day here already:
1. Heath Bell came into the press room with his pet rat, Daisy, on his shoulder. Daisy was sort of a companion for Bell this spring. Not sure if Daisy did the Wii Fit or not, though. Daisy won’t make the trip to San Diego. She’ll have a home in Peoria.
2. Two buses of Minor League players, manager Bud Black, first base coach Rick Renteria and Chase Headley and Kevin Kouzmanoff, Henry Blanco left this morning for the airport for the trip to San Antonio. For Black, Renteria and the guys who will be on the 25-man roster, they’ll spend a few hours in San Antonio and fly to San Diego tonight. Three states, one day.
3. I’ve been to Starbucks twice today and it’s not even noon yet. No, I don’t think that I have a problem.
4. Hearing that Blanco will catch Peavy on Opening Day. Makes some sense, since it has been Blanco who has been behind the plate for each of Peavy’s last two starts here — with very good results, 11 scoreless innings. Nick Hundley will still get the majority of starts and will, I’m sure, catch Peavy at some point soon.
5. I’m not really looking forward to the drive tonight back to San Diego. So I’m hoping for a fast game here, which means four hours. No, I’m not a pessimist. This is just how things seem to go here, espeically since Minor Leagues will be playing most of the game.